**For information only: Applications closed**.
The Guernsey Overseas Aid and Development Commission is looking for a new Commissioner.
The role of a Commissioner is unpaid but one which is both interesting and rewarding and provides an opportunity to make decisions that will have a real and enduring impact on the lives of some of the world’s poorest communities.
The Commission meets once a month, usually on Wednesday afternoons between 4pm and 6pm. The majority of the Commissioners’ work is undertaken beforehand:
- reading and assessing the many applications for funding
- reviewing the project reports submitted by the charities that receive funding from the Commission
- keeping abreast of matters relating to development aid
The Commission would be particularly interested in applications from local residents with development aid experience in one or more the following areas:
- Education, especially within primary or secondary schools
- Micro-finance and community savings programmes
- Engineering, especially in relation to solar power and hydrology
- Climate change and mitigation of its impact
- Legal matters
If you have any questions or would like further information including details of the role, contact David Way, the Commission’s Principal Officer (telephone 223404 or
email email@example.com). Applications should be made by submitting a letter of application by 12 noon on Thursday 19 October.
Closed: 12 noon on Thursday 19 October 2023