**For information only: Applications closed**.
Policy and Resources are looking for three people to form an independent panel to review Deputies’ pay and determine what their remuneration should be in the next States term.
Of the three successful applicants, one will be chosen to chair the panel.
- Experience of reviewing pay
- The ability to offer constructive feedback and expand the boundaries of debate
- The ability to evaluate a range of options and draw objective conclusions
- An understanding of Guernsey’s political system
- A strong commitment to achieving excellent outcomes for the community
The panel will meet monthly for six months. Time commitment is about 4-5 hours a months for members and 8-10 hours for the Chair.
The roles are voluntary, no remuneration.
To express an interest, write to email@example.com setting out why you would like to join the panel on no more than two sides of A4. Outline what you would bring to the review and include your preference for being a member of the panel or the Chair.
Jersey has just published its pay review. They have a different system based on an independent reviwer rather than a panel, but the issues are similar.
Recent recommendations for States Members Pay in Jersey from an independent reviewer
‘Who decides States Members’ pay? – States Assembly of Jersey podcast with independent reviewer, Jennifer Long.
Closed: Friday 1 December 2023